Howard 200 Rotavator

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Bayleaf
KG Regular

Hi
I have recently bought a Howard 200 rotovator, can anyone tell me the points gap for this machine???
Many thanks
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
What engine do you have on your 200.??...I'm not familiar with the Howard range.. so unsure what types were used.

However there was a recent posting that related to a Villiers Mark 12/2 on a 200.

I posted some engine details which I had.

It can be found from this link;...
viewtopic.php?t=130

Further thread here;..
viewtopic.php?t=17

I also found a link to Villiers Mk12/2 on the Winget dumpers/mixers site www.winget.co.uk

The info' I had listed for the contact set (points) on Villiers Mk12 was between 12 and 15thou inch at fully open on more recent type points and between 12 and 16 thou inch at fully open on earlier points types.
If you check out the link you will see other info' for Villiers timing. Spark plug gap is shown as 20thou inch.

Contact set (Points) on small engines need to be immaculate clean and dry, with faces true and flat and free to open and close correctly. Oily grime from feeler gauges can sometimes be enough to upset things. I used to pull a bit of clean dry card through the points as a final clean of grime... or corner of clean cotton handkerchief.!!

Hope this helps,
Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic