Jalo cultivator

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

BrianM

I know this has been asked for previously as it was via Google searching for info. on above that I found Kitchen Garden, so thank you Google & hello K.G.
Can find nothing on Google despite trying all manner of searches.
In June 2005 there was some posts on this site re: Jalo's, am interested in tracking one down if anyone has any ideas, or alternatively suggestions for something as near as possible to a Jalo, I seek secondhand rather than new
many thanks.
richard p
KG Regular

they occasionally come up on ebay, you can do a search in the garden section,also try the agriculture bit of the business and industrial section, and there is a way of being notified if one gets listed, but i cant remember the details of how to do it. good luck
John
KG Regular

Hello Brian
Is a Jalo a push along hoe with a wheel at the front?
You could try googling for 'wheel hoe' - this throws up quite a lot of results. It seems they are still made in Switzerland and the US for use mainly by organic gardeners.
I was given one of these by a friend last year and intend to restore it when time allows. Its metal is in good condition but the wooden handles need serious attention before I can use it properly. Seems like a very useful tool.

John
BrianM

Thanks to John & Richard p for replies, yes it is a wheel hoe.
I've been able to track down a version still manufactured in the USA as John suggested, named a Kentuckey Wheel Hoe, so will be seeing how to go from here, they do appear to be resoanbly priced before shipping costs.
Brian.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic