Rain gauge

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Primrose
KG Regular

Annoyingly the plastic contrainer which formed ourV shaped rain gauge on a 2 foot spike split yesterday and all the water leaked iut so I don,t know how much precious rain we actually had.

Have looked on Amazon's but that model no longer seems to be available. I fortunate container & spike are melded together so can,t replace just the split plastic part.

Can anybody suggest a supplier who might have one ? Sorry, don,t know how to post a photo
Geoff
KG Regular

Superglue?
Primrose
KG Regular

Does that stand d up to frost temperatures? We suspect this is what probably sealed its fate although it was probably getting a little elderly.
Geoff
KG Regular

I think so - found this quote

Can you use super glue outside?
Super glue creates an incredibly strong adhesive bond. Because of cyanoacrylate glue's unique properties, the bond is nearly unbreakable. It's so powerful, it can hold outdoor materials together, such as broken or cracked eavestroughs, through all forms of inclement weather. Even freezing temperatures!
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks Geoff. Will ferret around in the drawers of gloom in kitchen and garage to see if we can find a tube of the stuff and give it a try
Monika
KG Regular

If the superglue doesn't work, Primrose, could you try buying a new one at a garden centre? They usually have them near the garden accessories like thermometers, labels etc.
retropants
KG Regular

Primrose, there's a mouldable adhesive called 'Sugru' it comes in different colours, it is silicone based. Basically, you mould it and squish it to fix things, and it sets as a flexible rubber. I've used it to mend the shelf bar in my fridge door.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic