Lawnflite won’t start

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Col1n
KG Regular

Hi all

Wondering if there is anybody on here hat can help. I have a lawnflite 705la that has been working great for about 2 years. I used it yesterday for about 30 minutes and it fired up first time, like normal. This morning however nothing....

Things I have done so far
Checked the charge in the battery
Checked all the cutout switches
Removed and cleaned the starter motor.

It now sounds like it wants to do something but the starter motor doesn’t look right. Can a starter motor just pack up ??

I have included a link to a video of what it looks/sounds like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/t ... JGiTxLL0Ko

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Colin
Geoff
KG Regular

I don't know how starter motors can go wrong but it sounds like you have identified the issue, I think it is not engaging properly but I have no idea if that means adjustment or replacement. Hopefully one of the machine experts will pick this up.
robo
KG Regular

It could be a bad connection or a duff battery have you tried jumping it off your car battery or a spare I presume it's 12 volts
Col1n
KG Regular

Quick update.....

Firstly can I just say a big thanks to the two members that replied with ideas.

So, I have replaced the solenoid ( as it was only £9 delivered) and this allowed me to sand all the connections to make sure of good contact. I also checked all the cables. Unfortunately all this did was confirm that it still looks like it is the starter motor.

I have ordered one off eBay for about £100 ( coming from America, as this was the cheapest!!), and hopefully will be here in a week.

I will update the thread when I know more.

Thanks

Colin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic