Hyundai

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

robo
KG Regular

Last November I treated myself to an Hyundai battery lawn mower I bought it through Amazon , I packed it away over winter I never even started it , around six weeks ago I got it out charged the 60 volt battery till it was completely charged got it to our rear lawn and pressed the button then pulled the lever all I got was a clicking noise this happened around ten times until it finally started ,each time I wanted to start it the same thing happened, I contacted the seller who to be fair did everything they could after sending me a new battery which made no difference the arranged for a carrier to collect it and return it to Hyundai ,two weeks later it was returned ,today I tried to cut the grass with it I managed nearly eight feet then it stopped and would not start so back onto the seller who once again is arranging a carrier to collect it, if you are considering buying a battery lawnmower please don't buy Hyundai
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

How frustrating Robo....have you googled that model, to see if others have had the same problem?
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

I haven't oh it won't make any difference I'm stuck with it but I will get it fixed
Diane
KG Regular

How frustrating - hope you get it sorted.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Nothing worse than an unreliable lawn mower. Unfortunately the grass won,t stop growing to order and with our unpredictable weather you always have to pick your moments.
Stephen
KG Regular

One thing I have learnt, from failing to do so in the past, always check and test stuff as soon as possible after it is delivered. Then check it again.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
richard p
KG Regular

was the clicking actually a fault? some of these battery mowers have a soft start system, first time i tried my ryobi battery mower it just hummed a bit.... but if you leave it humming whilst counting to ten it runs up to speed..... i got a pair at the local auction and they both do it. they were cheap cos everyone else whod tried them thought they were toast.

i first came across it on a large mains woodworking router that does similar, first time i ran that i thought it was faulty. its summit to do with reducing the start up current spike.
robo
KG Regular

It would click but not always start up I was up to ten times before it would start then when you stop it for what ever reason it was the same
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic