Chicken hatch opener

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

robo
KG Regular

Around 14 months ago I bought a battery operated hatch opener from a guy on eBay it's called chuxaway
Ex automatic pop hole opener ,with losing the chicken two days ago I've checked everything around the run and shed out and found the chuxaway not working I've spent the last twenty four hours trying to find contact details for this firm to try and get it fixed all to no avail ,if anyone is thinking of buying a battery operated opener do not buy one of these any company that hides contact details are not worth buying from
peter
KG Regular

Their website has three email addresses;
http://www.chuxaway.com/contact-us/
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
robo
KG Regular

Thank you Peter , I've searched everywhere for a phone number or an email address on their website they were all with held I will send them an email now
Geoff
KG Regular

I don't think they are the same manufacturer but my neighbour has two of these, one works automatically by detecting the light and one is on a timer. When they are away I look after the hens and have had trouble with these, ended up emptying one hut once and leaving it closed, not sure how well the sharing went. He has sent them back for repair under warranty and they seem to be reliable now, they are away again in May so I've probably jinxed them. I do like not having to let them out or shut them up.
robo
KG Regular

They have worked great since I bought them but I could not find contact details ,I'm now thinking with it not working the chicken that was killed was pulled out of the coup in the night or early morning I'm think I'm thinking possibly a cat and that's why I've had nothing in the trap
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I know from my boy-hood days, working on farms, that a big Tom cat will take chickens.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic