Qualcast 35s roller locking

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Rockinrob
KG Regular

Hi all, My trusty qualcast classic 35s has decided that it would be fun if it locked its rear roller making it very difficult to manoeuvre when not mowing. All is fine whilst mowing in a straight line but awkward when turning at the end of a row. At the end of the mowing the machine sulks and needs to be dragged screaming back into the shed! I have removed the lefthand, from the rear, cover and have decided to seek advice before stripping it out. I am mechanically capable but have no experience of working on mowers. Anyone out there with some advice how to teach this rascal who is Boss? I have access to another machine so replacing the roller could be done if I knew how to dismantle and not lose any washers, springs etc. Thanks in anticipation, the grass is still growing! Rob
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Welcome Rockinrob, hope you get the answer that helps. I'm afraid this isn't that answer though, I know nothing of mowers.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Our clever machinery guys must be busy growing & harvesting Rockinrob! Hold in there, they will respond!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I don't know much about qualcast mowers but what I can see there seems to be two cogs driving the rear roller there is quite a bit on utube
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic