Mowers

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Chris116
KG Regular

Hi,I have been tasked to look at purchasing a new mower to cut the grass on the paths in and around allotments, are there any recommendations, does anyone have knowledge of the Viking mowers made by Sthil
robo
KG Regular

As far as I know sthil engines are two stroke and heavy on the oil although a good engine ,I would be inclined to go for something with a Honda or Briggs and Stratton engine both makes are four stroke and nothing to choose between them although Honda tend to be expensive
Chris116
KG Regular

Thank you sound advice which I will take to the committee
Monika
KG Regular

We used a Stihl petrol hover mower on all the allotment and local nature reserves paths for many years and found it excellent. The hover action coped well with the, in places, undulating ground. We no longer do that work but passed the mower on to the local cricket club who now use the same machine successfully to mow a long steep slope (the length of the cricket field) by attaching a rope. We certainly found it very reliable and the after-sale service was good too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic