Mowing machines

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

vivienz
KG Regular

I'm afraid I can't offer any experienced comments at this point as I have a 2 stroke petrol strimmer and have yet to get a ride-on mower (much later this year, possibly next). However, we have got an Einhell petrol push mower and had to send it back when it had only been used a couple of times as it wouldn't start. My arm was dead for nearly a week after trying to get it going, and hubby had no more success. The service for getting it to them and then re-delivered (under warranty) was okay, but the machine was away for several weeks - had it been crucial, we would have had to access another machine in this time. Einhell didn't say what the problem was, the machine was just returned in its fixed state. It would have been helpful to have some feedback in case we have a similar problem once it's out of warranty and need to fix it ourselves.

I also had a Titan 2-stroke strimmer from Toolstation. I'm on the second one now after the first one suffered a broken drive shaft within a short time of buying and first using it. It's not me, honest, it's not.
robo
KG Regular

A mate down the plot had an einhell tiller with a small petrol engine he asked me to have a look at it as he could not get it started it was twelve months old and had been used once , I got it started but it sounded like it was about to explode I stopped it immediately I then contacted einhell who were no help they suggested I return it for repair but it would be chargeable ,I gave it the mate back and told him to scrap it ,I would advise everybody to give this firm a wide birth cheap and nasty is an understatement ,
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo, a company I used to work for used to supply Einhell with products made to sell under their brand name. At that time Einhell were an own name distributor who made little, if any, product of their own
It would not surprise me if that is still the case with a large percentage of the product marketed under the Einhell name.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

When you attempt a warranty claim you first have to select the brand from a drop down list :
Einhell Tools, Challenge Xtreme, Florabest, Gardenline, Parkside, Power Craft, Qualcast, Sovereign, Spear & Jackson, Workzone, Powerbase (Homebase), Powerfix Profi+ (Lidl) and Ozito. Some familiar names there if you use the discounters.
vivienz
KG Regular

I recognise both Gardenline and Workzone from Aldi.

Interestingly, I bought a load of their self watering troughs this year and the label on the outside was for Gardenline but the inner platform that forms the water reservoir was marked up as Stewarts. We previously bought their self-watering troughs some years back and they are still going strong.
Stephens
KG Regular

Stewarts never let me down.
I need to play like a pro in order to make for living. But I don't need to worry this time. Recently I've heard how to play there. My buddy told me that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic