Netting tips

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Colin2016
KG Regular

Netting tips

Postby Colin2016 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 pm

I have netting & frame for 4ft x 12ft raised beds any tips if attaching the bottom of the netting which will give me easy access to get at the plants?

Was thinking lengths of wood screwed to beds for ends that are permanent but need ideas for easy removal for access.
0 x
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Re: Netting tips

Postby tigerburnie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 pm

I just use bricks, but my raised bed sides are railway sleeper size, so plenty of room.
0 x
Been gardening for 60 years and still learning
peter
KG Regular

Postby peter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Battens wrapped into the bottom of the net and resting on the top of te raised bed.
Just lift the batten for access.
0 x
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
robo
KG Regular

Postby robo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:04 pm

I made frames out of 2 x 1 inch timber I stapled the netting onto the frame then lifted on and off as required only problem was it was a 2 person job to lift off mainly the two four feet high ones ,it was ok at first but as my wife got weaker with illness it was impossible to do ,my mate copied my idea but he made his in two halves one slightly bigger than the other and laps them by about six inches these seem to work ok
0 x

Return to “Tools and Machinery”