Tipping the mower

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

John
KG Regular

Tipped my big Honda over to clear the jammed blades - the wrong way! Oil got into the carb and air filter. Wasted a lot of time sorting the mess out.
Memo to self: always tip the machine over with the carb uppermost.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I 've made this mistake a few times and it can be a difficult problem if oil gets into the carb. If you can get it going keep spraying carb cleaner into the carb in very short bursts. The engine hates carb cleaner, it stops it. So just tiny bursts and keep the engine running as hot as you can. Eventually you'll clear the oil contamination.

Mostly you only need to tip the machine backwards to deal with cutter problems, backwards is ok and sideways with the carb high like when you drain the oil.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic