Templar Tiller/Qualcast idler bearing.

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Tel
KG Regular

Hi all,
I'm after a bearing that's used to tension the drive belt on either of the above machines. I'm doing up a T.T. for general use on our small village allotment site but the current bearing has disintegrated.
Any help would be much appreciated.
robo
KG Regular

Can you not get the bearing number off the side
Tel
KG Regular

'Fraid not Robo. The bearing is a T.T. own part, not an 'off-the-shelf part.
I don't have the equipment to rebuild the bearing hence the request for any part that may be out there.
Thanks anyway!
peter
KG Regular

Either search this forum for Merry Tiller posts by Richard, or Google Merry Tiller Parts.

Richard supplies manuals and parts for Merry Tillers which have a belt tension roller which you tighten to engage drive.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Richard
KG Regular

I repaired a Templar Tiller for the local postmaster a while back and the jockey pulley looks a lot like the skate wheel fitted to Merry Tillers but Templar had welded large washers to either side of the wheel. Westwood marketed the same machine so Westwood dealers may have the part. I did get an enquiry for a Templar wheel a while ago and the customer bought a Merry Tiller skate wheel and the two guide lugs for Merry Tiller skate wheels which converted the Templar to Merry Tiller spec. As far as I know it worked OK.
Tel
KG Regular

Thank you Guys for all your help. I've managed to find a 'jockey wheel' from Gateshead Lawnmower centre. Their delivery was super fast so they're worth dealing with.
Tel
KG Regular

Update on last post.
I thank Richard for the info. he gave on converting the skate wheel by welding 'large washers' onto it as it seems now that's what Templar did. The 'jockey wheel' I purchased has been given some home made felt 'dust barriers' on either side and guide lugs as per MT so can be used on either machine.
Thanks again in helping me to reach a happy conclusion. The 5hp rotovator is now a working machine!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic