Dellorto 2013A

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

moomoo
KG Regular

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I.m desperate for some help/information.
I recently bought a Suffolk punch 35s and it will only run with the choke on full....if I try to run it without the choke (ie choke flap half or fully open) it cuts out. It will run and mow the grass but it splutters and coughs and then the plug needs cleaning before it will start again. I bought the mower second hand obviously and I fear the carb has been tampered with and I wanted to know if anyone knows how to set the carb up from scratch...its a Dellorto 2013A...Its quite old so maybe some parts maybe worn...Does anyone know which parts maybe suspect to causing this issue?... Ive looked at some of the earlier posts but it seems the details have been 'PMd' to the person asking the question. Lots of question from me I know but any help on any part would be gratefully welcome. Thanks in anticipation
Martin
moomoo
KG Regular

Actually I should have said its a FHC 2103A Dellorto carb.... :oops:
robo
KG Regular

I dont know that carb , but I would go for a blocked main jet a spay with carb cleaner might help, if somebody has been fiddling with it the mixture might be set wrong a roughguide is to screw it fully in then one and a quater turns out it will not be perfect but should run ok
moomoo
KG Regular

Thanks Robo for that information. I will give it a go and try again.
Richard
KG Regular

This carb is notorious for the only running on choke after the Winter lay up. Nothing you do will cure it except run on half choke until it clears its' self. Once it does clear it will be OK until the next long lay up. A conversion kit to a variable main jet was available but no one seems to know who made it. Qualcast later changed to a different carb but by then the reputation of the A114 engine was ruined.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic