pallet dismantling

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

lez
KG Regular

Hi Ya. I get quite a few pallets and use them for compost bins etc, I have been looking at purpose made tools for the dismantling of them as a hammer and crowbar tend to split them. I recently saw and advert for Cargo-cycles pallet tool and am considering the purchase of one these tools. Has any one used one? got one? have you a home made one? If anyone has seen or used a similar tool I would be pleased to hear your comments. The tool I saw looked very good and I am sure I could go halves on the purchase with a fellow lottie freind. Thanks to all and happy gardening.
Geoff
KG Regular

Not used one but it looks a handy tool. I've used a bolster chisel in the past. Just last week I made the most expensive compost bin fronts ever by buying treated wood as the old pallet wood was rotten and being retired I can't bring more pallets home. Not sure what the hourly saving rate was by the time I'd dismantled them and then de-nailed the boards, mind the broken bits and corner blocks fuelled the stove.
lez
KG Regular

Hi Ya all, well after some thought and reading gladalloments comment and being offered one £15 cheaper with lifetime guarantee I am going for it. Will post later when I have a chance to use said tool
lez
KG Regular

Hi Ya all,
Well I went for it and what a handy tool. :D I have broken up several pallets now to save and reuse the wood and this tool makes life so much easier and quicker, once I worked the easiest way for me, without the wood splitting. I have fellow plot holders, who seing me use it, have asked where I got it from, or can they borrow it etc. A good investment in my opinion and worth the money. :D Happy Gardening to all. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic