Merry Tiller Titan

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ref
KG Regular

Hi,

I have a Merry Tiller Titan circa 1966 engine runs ok but when I got it the throttle linkages were not connected does anybody know where I can obtain a diagram for the correct throttle linkages assembly, I have found out so far the nut on top of the verticle link rod is missing.

Many thanks
thebigflyin
KG Regular

Hi
if it what I think you are talking about Ill tell you what i do.

i chuck out the old cable and lever thingy, go to a bicicle shop and get a gear change handel lever thingy and a breack or gear cable.

job done.

Kevin H
Richard
KG Regular

To use the original set up you would need the special nut. This seems to have been a Wolseley idea as B & S gave three options of how to fit a "remote" throttle assembly and connecting the inner cable to that vertical rod wasn't one of them. As your chances of finding the nut are rare, I would suggest using the alternatives, either the linkage under the fuel tank, you can fit this with cable to the left or right, or the mounting point beside the choke, which was used on Wizards by Wolseley. Cycle cabes are useless as there is no return spring, being a solid inner wire, the origonal type cable can push as well as pull.
Attachments
Wizard throttle.jpg
Wizard throttle.jpg (125.58 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
Governor links.jpg
Governor links.jpg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
titan7.jpg
titan7.jpg (56.27 KiB) Viewed 3059 times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic