ride on lawnflite mower

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

vancrasher
KG Regular

Can anyone help me please, I have a 1998 Lawnflite 906 model no/ 13AO765N611 and the mower beck pan is un-repairable (just rust) and I am unable to obtain a replacement pan I believe the part number is or was 683-0081B637!! can an other deck pan be fitted an if so who's make. Or does anyone know where a deck pan might be obtained. :?: :?:
Jimmy
richard p
KG Regular

its rare that a deck is too far gone to be impossible to repair.... just takes time some steel and a mig welder.

another option might be to fibreglass the innner surface.

the only other option is a used deck /mower off of ebay... you sometimes get mowers with duff engines or gearboxes but good decks.
vancrasher
KG Regular

Hi thanks for you reply, I have done a bit of mig welding on my morris 1000's in the past but this is way beyond me I took the deck to 2 guys that I know who are dab hands at welding and both said metal too badly rusted to get a good weld. the metal around the inner circles where the pully mountings attch to are shot away and only paper thin.
Regards for you imput.
Jimmy
vancrasher
KG Regular

latest on my mower deck, I had a chap who's hobby is tinkering with vintage cars and machinery & restores them them to working state.He took on my mower deck and almost rebuilt the pan deck how-ever I now have the problem of reconnecting all the rods and linkage. I have refitted all the pullys and now want to rehang the deck any one got any idea as to how the linkage is assembled.
vancrasher
KG Regular

finally got the mower deck repaired (almost rebuilt). My problem now is refitting it,! does anyone know how to refit it and where does the spring go from the deck arm idler and the rod on the idler.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic