Back saver

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

JohnN
KG Regular

My lower back is playing up these days and I would like to get one of those "disability aids"
that allow one to pick up items from the ground without bending down. I know one can get them from disability stores, but I doubt they are built for outdoor garden use. I will be using it for picking up weeds that I have hoed out of the ground. Does anyone make an "agricultural" one?Many thanks for any suggestions
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning John, just a thought, would one of those litter-pickers that the council workers and the like use, as they must be pretty robust.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
JohnN
KG Regular

OH
Good idea! I have a fishing friend in the local council so will investigate. Thanks.
Whoa! Have just looked on Amazon ( :evil:) and they've got a selection of just what I want - one at only £2.45!
JohnN
lez
KG Regular

Hi Ya, Been a long time since you asked about litter pickers. I to have a small back problem and was wondering did you purchase one? was it the £2 one on amazon? and if you did is it up for the job? I currently use long handled tools were possible as my back is not helped by an arthritic hip aswell so keep getting up and down really jibs me on occasion. Be interested in your answers.

Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic