Wolseley Clearway

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

vda30
KG Regular

Hello I'm french,
I have
20160113_135636(2).jpg
20160113_135636(2).jpg (34.96 KiB) Viewed 7053 times
a wolseley clearway. with 2 brand new blades
I'm trying to sell it !
engine running very powerfull and amazing machine but not enough secure for my employed.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Catherine wrote:I cant believe that this post has had 2,500 viewings and only 10 posts!!!

So funny. Catherine. this may be about boys and toys because I want one even though I have a perfectly good ride-on grass cutting machine.

Oi, French. Where are you ? How much money do you need ? All this might help with some interest.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Richard
KG Regular

Just spotted this on eBay you will need to be quick though it is almost up. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-briggs-and-Stratton-mower-/301865807682?hash=item46489aaf42:g:4V8AAOSwoydWtK1E
Clive.
KG Regular

The little cousin of the Clearway...made, I think, in 23 and 27 inch....and that could have an optional very long trailed seat with foot pedal brake. I remember one with a 5hp engine that struggled to sell s/h back in my first days in the mower world, 1981, and that we pushed out onto the forecourt every morning and back in at night for a whole year, or so it seemed...along with a long line of belle mixers, that sold like hot cakes and a Snapper mower with early B&S electric start...its ability not to electric start very well lead to many sales of shiny new Honda mowers.....

We used to see a few of the next size down too, the Wolseley 500.

Is it one for your Wolseley collection Richard..?? :wink:

I see now that same seller has the 23" too with the 5hp... :) shed's full though...

ATB,
Clive.
jabba
KG Regular

hi all i have brought a secondhand wolseley clearway hs 30inch rotary grasscutter with blade and chains if flailing, it ran when i got it but only on the flat, had carb rebuilt with correct gaskets so should be better! if i can get it to run again, damn coil packed up after running 5mins and dead now , anyone be able to help me find out what replacement i need or and upgraded type that does away with the points and condeser thanks in advance jabba. ps also the fan as half blades missing. i/c series briggs & stratton 10hp at 3600rpm 392cc engine.
Richard
KG Regular

Firstly, be sure it isn't just the points furred up. I find with B & S after a lay up, they can start and run for a bit, then need the points cleaning. If you do need the coil, eBay usually offers a wide variety of choices from cheapo Chinese, "non genuine" such as Stens and genuine B & S. If you can, get the parts book from B & S website, you will need model and type from the fan cowl, having the part number makes finding the coil far easier.
gthill
KG Regular

Clive,

You mentioned an owner's Manuel for a Wolseley Clearway.

I have purchased a house with a large yard and the previous owner has left his machine. Bit I have no idea on how to start or operate it.

Is there any way that you could send me the manual by mail.

gthill
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello gthill,
I have been unable to email for a few days but all now resolved and I have just sent message via this forums pm system..

C.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic