Greenhouse!!!

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

CatBud
KG Regular

Found a 6x8 greenhouse for sale in the local ads, collecting it tomorrow! So excited cus it's all coming together :D

Any greenhouse tips? Where do people get their benches and heaters etc from?
Tigger
KG Regular

Lucky you Catbud.

OH makes the benches. I use an electric heater (but not a fan heater) that you can set either to keep a certain constant temperature or to come on when the ambient temperature drops to a specified level. I use one in the dog's room in the barn too, because a fan heater would be too drying for her nose and eyes (apparently!).
peter
KG Regular

Two Wests at http://www.twowests.co.uk is a reputable company and a website to give ideas.

Regards, Peter.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Angi
KG Regular

Use plastic wallpapering tables (from B&Q, £24.95) for staging. They're much cheaper than purpose made ones, fold up when not in use, totally weatherproof and virtually indestructable.
Anonymous

Ole dearly beloved has taken down and put up more greenhouses than you can shake a stick at, but his advce is, when putting up a greenhouse, do the sides first.

I can't argue (on this occasion)!

Hope this helps, good luck and very happy growing!

valmarg
Compo
KG Regular

Agree to all of the above, b&q sell lil packs of glass clips and the bolts that hold the frame together, taking the frame apart is harder than taking the glass out and putting it back in, having just moved a second hand 10x6.
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
CatBud
KG Regular

Thanks for all your tips, we took the greenhouse down on Sunday which was enjoyable even in the rain! Luckily it's still in rather big sections so shouldn't take too long to put back up again. However, I did slice my thumb open on some glass :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic