FLYMO WITH TECUMSEH DELLORTO FHC 2013 CARB

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

ChrisHolder24
KG Regular

Hi

I have just acquired an old Flymo 2 stoke for the plot, It will run but only for a few seconds then it cuts out. I have striped the carb and given it a good clean and it runs better but still cuts. Looks like someone has tried to drill the centre spigot in the past. The engine is a Tecumseh with a Dellorto FHC 20 13 CARB. I have found a couple of similar carbs Dellorto FHC 20 13 A & E on ebay. 2 questions

• Will either of these fit ?
• Is there a new Tecumseh model on the market that will fit as I would rather buy a new carb that have to refurbish an old one.

Any advice would be appreciated
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello ChrisHolder24,
I am not familiar with the variations of Dellorto to properly advise. The carb on the Flymo application will have the tall air vane on the top of the carb spindle and either a choke worked by the side lever or on later models a long manual choke arm.
Given that these were ok they may be able to be changed to another carb body. I am not sure about the size of the main central main jet tube..and how many variations of size of these there were to suit different applications.?
Is it this central brass tube that is damaged by drilling.??

One thought that has occurred to me....I seem to think that Aspera/Tecnamotor/Tecumseh engines on Flymo had a manually opened breather on the fuel tank filler cap. A knurled brass knob on the centre of the fuel cap. Closed for storage and opened up for running.

I seem to think that the side slow run mixture screw on the this application had a standard setting position.? Seem to think it could be three quarters of a turn open.??

Clive.
ChrisHolder24
KG Regular

Hi Clive,

Thanks for the advice yes it is the central brass tube that is damaged by drilling. I tried operating the mower with the breather cap open and still have the same issue. I will try poisting the slow run mixture as suggested once I manage to re build the carb. Will let you know how I get on. Once again thanks for the advice
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic