Those garden clogs ?

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Oh-yes.

Only had these Birkinstock clogs a few days and i'm confident I made the right choice though for obvious reasons I won't be able to report on their long-term use until next year.

Called, "Super Birki" they are a simple foam moulding with the fantastic Birkinstock foot-bed. The construction is much stronger/tougher feeling and looking than Crocks which are very soft and instantly wear-able but don't last a season for me.

I have been able to compare them against a rubber constructed clog, Birkis are much-much lighter.
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
peter
KG Regular

Fingers crossed.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Just about three months of wearing these Birkinstock clogs 7 days a week, I don't do much spade-type digging though I have been doing some spade-work whislt burying daffodills.

Very-very robust clogs, easy to keep clean and very good value for money.

Did I say comfortable ? And they're not showing any sign of wear at-all. I wear-out a pair of crocks in nine months, it's the stone chippings on the drive.

If you consider buying a pair for garden duties I recommend buying an extra insole. The clog itself goes in a bucket of water, comes out clean and doesn't need drying. The insoles are fabric on cork and do stay damp, I dry mine over-night in front of the fire but I will get a spare set of insoles.

Top marks from me, Crocks 2/10 Birkinstock clogs 10/10
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I like a shoe that supports my feet and is easy to take on and off, so usually relegate my old Hotters to gardening shoes, then go into wellies for wet and wintry weather. Not use for you gents I know. I don't like clog type things as my feet slide about in them and they slip off easily when standing on slopes and uneven ground.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote: I don't like clog type things as my feet slide about in them and they slip off easily when standing on slopes and uneven ground.

Yes they do and I resort to wellies regularly, because i'm in-and-out of the house and need to take my shoes off and on clogs have become my main foot-ware. Not having to bend-down to deal with laces or pull-ons helps my back.

An odd thing happened a few years ago, I was diagnosed with a bunion type problem and offered surgery. Because of the six weeks recovery period and my commitments at the time I decided not to have the surgery. It was about the same time that I had a dreadful problem with my back and started wearing clog type shoes and flip-flops so I didn't have to bend-down. The painful toes were less painful and more mobile after just a few weeks, presumably because I started using my toes to grip the clogs.

Other than the brief foray with Crocks I have always worn Birkenstock leather clogs with cork footbeds and now the Birkenstock version of Crocks.

Wellies will always have a place in my life but the heavy rubber ones are no match for the lightweight crocks wellies. Sadly, they don't make the originals and started tarting them up for fashion reasons which took-away their practical use.

Just sharing with you people who have been such a massive help and I still do lots of forum reading. A fantastic resource for me. :D

Now-then, I better look for a thread on keeping carrots and stop them turning into furry-hamsters in the fridge. :D
Richard.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic