Rolcut Secateurs

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Nick Dawson
KG Regular

I have my mother's very old Rolcuts, unfortunately the top blade is broken. Any ideas where I could get them serviced as I understand that they are no longer manufactured.
adam-alexander
KG Regular

Hi Nick, I am a forum newbie and just saw your post about the Rolcut Secateurs. I am a great fan of these secateurs. - If you are still looking for a replacement blade, have a peek at eBay, there is one seller there listing some Rolcut blades and other spares, it might be worth getting in touch with them to see if they have someting suitable. You would need to identify the model number and approximate date of manufacture. Best of luck.
adam-alexander
KG Regular

Just re-visiting this post as I have read a very interesting article about these secateurs on Fred Waldens website - Link:

http://fredshed.co.uk/bigboys.htm

Scroll about half way down the page.

a-a
bblqk37
KG Regular

Have obtained spare blade(s) for my Rolcut No 1 secateurs. I can't get the blunt blade out.
Have unscrewed obvious nut and applied WD40, 3 in 1 oil etc. Won't budge.
Any one have any advice for this?

Thank you
Primrose
KG Regular

Sorry! That's the ultimate frustration. Having a spare replacement for something and being unable to get the broken part out. Even more annoying than not being able to obtain a spare in the first place.
snooky
KG Regular

Would heat applied to whatever the blade is held by help?
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic