BREAKING: The Edible Garden Show postponed until 2011

Get the latest gardening news, and let us know what you think...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud, KG magazine, KG Emma

KGAdmin
Site Admin

JUST IN THE KG OFFICES:

The painfully slow recovery from recession has forced organisers to postpone next month’s (March 19-21) Edible Garden Show following concerns among potential sponsors and exhibitors over the uncertain economy.

The first-ever national event dedicated exclusively to ‘Grow Your Own’ fruit and vegetables was targeted to reflect the phenomenal explosion of interest among the public for home-grown produce and healthy eating. Although the imaginative concept for the new show had been well received, organisers found increasing difficulty in securing commitment from enough exhibitors to justify the scheduled launch on Friday, March 19, 2010.

The Edible Garden Show will now debut on March 18-20, 2011 at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, with organisers confident that the new date will allow time to maximise the number of exhibitors attending and to secure sponsorship deals.
----------------------------------------------------------
More on http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk main site.

KG Competition
We had a competition to win tickets for this show in the latest edition. On-line we have stopped the competition now, but if you have already entered - OR if you still enter by post, we are offering alternatives prizes:
1 x Year sub to KG (rrp £36)
1 x Mini greenhouse (rrp £20)
1 x Garden loppers set (rrp £25)

AN email will be going out to anyone who had entered on-line to inform them of this change.

KGAdmin
glallotments
KG Regular

Seems a shame - we have already bought our tickets and received them.

I would have thought that in the present economic climate far more people would have been interested in attending. I'm not sure March is a good time of year though - especially this year as people may be wary of prebooking due to weather worries. For instance - how much of the site is under cover.
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

Yes. Not much is being harvested in March, though there'll be winter greens and so on. But in July, say, there'll be early potatoes, garlic, beans, salad crops, you name it. I would suggest the first weekend of the school summer holidays, but I dare say there are objections to that, as to most possible suggestions.

I doubt whether I would be attending it anyway. Where is it to be held?
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
Elle's Garden
KG Regular

That is a shame, we were thinking of making a weekend of it.
Kind regards,

Elle
MKPoshfan
KG Regular

can't help thinking that if they can't get enough sponsors this year when 'grow your own' is, in advertising terms, so sexy, they won't stand much chance in another year's time when the fashion will have moved on.......that's a shame
Chantal
KG Regular

It was to be held at the Royal Showground at Stoneleigh Mike. Seedling and I had planned to visit as it's on our doorstep. :(
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

Thanks Chantal. A 2-hour drive for me and I would only do it in decent weather. In which case I'd be on the plot. But I'd make the effort, if free, if it meant a chance to meet some of my forum friends. I think my wife aould enjoy the day. So I'd better keep my eyes pealed for the new date.
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
Tigger
KG Regular

Best laid plans and all that. I was about to suggest we made it our Forum get together rather than the Malvern Show. :evil:

I had heard it was likely to be cancelled, so that's why I delayed suggesting meeting up there.

Back to the drawing board.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I was going to go to that as well, honest. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Franksmum
KG Regular

Aw that is a shame - I was really really looking forward to that!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic