March 2008 poll : KG Issue dates

Get the latest gardening news, and let us know what you think...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud, KG magazine, KG Emma

Would you like to receive your KG a month later - i.e. the May issue at the beginning of May, not as currently at the beginning of April?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 50
Spinneretta
KG Regular

I voted no because as a British reader living in America, I get mine in the month it is written for ANYWAY! :)
I can't find an American substitute, but I like KG anyway!
bb
KG Regular

I have been a gardener for about 25 yearsand this is the first gardening mag i buy regularly for 2 reasons 1 it,s all about veggi gardening and the other the articles are all timely as you can read the articles before you need to act on them. Previous mags i have read refer to what i did 2 weeks ago keep it as it is it's great.
ambrosia is always home grown
Granny
KG Regular

I agree with most postings. I like getting it early so I can browse, make lists and have time to get anything I might have forgotten. Gives me time to plan. I realise that if you've been gardening for years you know what to do instinctively but I've not been gardening long enough for it all to be automatic.
This is the only magazine I have taken since I was at school and I think it's excellent.
------------------
Granny
Multiveg
KG Regular

As long as the the cover month and to-do-list month are the same...
Perhaps the first week though is a bit early - run the risk of forgetting what you've read by the time it is "relevant" or on the plus side, forward planning....
Primrose
KG Regular

I voted NO but don't mind too much either way when it arrives as it's always an interesting read. It's just that when the magazine arrives a month in advance I get all enthused up to go out and start sowing/plant out according to recommendations and I get myself in enough trouble already sowing too early and then regretting it.
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

Are some of our posters missing the Yes/No/Submit thing at the top? I must admit that when I accessed this topic, the KGAdmin post was right at the top of the screen, the crucial heading therefore didn't appear until I had the genius idea of checking back for it.

I have become used to the idea of receiving ideas a month ahead and can see the advantage of it. I subscribe to the Organic Way, which only comes out 4 times a year, so I think I'll try to get the other one.

That's a no, by the way.
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
Mike Vogel
KG Regular

It also took me some time to realise that the thing to click on was miles away from the answer i wanted to give. Maybe others just gave up, or thought they'd voted by clicking on the word "yes" or "no".

mike
Please support Wallace Cancer Care
http://www.wallacecancercare.org.uk
and see
http://www.justgiving.com/mikevogel

Never throw anything away.
Chantal
KG Regular

I'd already voted to keep things the way they are and today I have been totally convinced.

I bought a copy of Organic Gardening and realised that everything that was being recommended for "to do this month" really was to do this month, March. This means that if I didn't know what I was doing and bought the magazine late in the month, it's effectively out of date already. If I was clueless, needed the mag for help and read about doing all this stuff in March, I think I'd put it back on the shelf!

The way things are, you can buy KG on the last day of March and it's in date for another month. It's got to be best.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Chris
KG Regular

Hi

I'm not voting because I would prefer to receive the magazine in the middle of the month e.g. the May edition in mid April. I'm not wanting to sit on any fence - but the question should have provided this third option - two fences if you like so that some of us could sit comfortably on the ground in the middle.

Happy white Easter
Chris
KG Regular

a month early is best for me- takes me weeks to catch up with the world as it is :shock:
KG Regular

what do I do to vote? Cant find a voting button.....
Chantal
KG Regular

It should be right at the top of the thread/page. :D
Chantal

KG Regular

I'm sorry - I must be having a bit of a 'senior' moment - I can see a bar chart that shows the percentage of yes and no but I cant see anything that gives me the option to use it - nothing to click on or a yes no button - what should I be looking for?
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I received my May issue the last week in March, which was a bit early, but gave me a nudge to finish reading the April one, so after doing all my April jobs it will probably be May before I get round to reading it!
Chantal
KG Regular

If you can see the bar chart it's because you've already voted. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work. :wink:
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic