March 2008 poll : KG Issue dates

Get the latest gardening news, and let us know what you think...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud, KG magazine, KG Emma

Would you like to receive your KG a month later - i.e. the May issue at the beginning of May, not as currently at the beginning of April?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 50
KGAdmin
Site Admin

As the debate over the KG issue date goes on, and with Organic Gardening choosing to switch to a 'same month/issue' format, tell us what you think!
Last edited by KGAdmin on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear K.G.Admin, i must admit it suits me just fine the way it is, especially as the weather patterns seem to be changing so much with extremes each month.
Some things i'm planting a whole month earlier than i used to anyway.

But i do think it will probably be the starting out gardeners that will have the final say, as these will be the gardeners that will be following the sowing and planting dates more than others.

It will still be a brilliant magazine what ever you decide.

You could have had a don't mind either way, in your poll. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

OH, they don't want people sitting on the fence dithering, they want an answer! :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Di
KG Regular

If the magazine is 'early' it gives us time to read it, leave it in a heap while we're busy etc. If its 'synchronised', I for one, might not get to read valuable tips in time to act on them.
WestHamRon
KG Regular

It's a "No" for me. We've been growing for about 18 months now and appreciate having the info a month early.
As has already been mentioned a lot of crops can be started off about a month before the traditional time, especially here in Eastbourne.
Elderflower
KG Regular

No for me too.
I need time to cogitate, plan what I`m doing, forget what I`d planned to do, get in a tiz, swear I`ll write a list in future, write a list, lose the list - then finally get my act together.
All that needs at least a month. :D
Chantal
KG Regular

It's interesting to note that at the time of writing there has been over 116 views of this topic, yet only 20 people have voted.

Why doesn't everyone vote? There certainly been enough argument on this topic lately, so go on, make your mark and help KG make this decision! :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I think the 116 might have something to do with there being six relpies to he topic, well seven now. :)

Or it might be to do with your savage attack on myself for sitting on the fence. :lol: :lol: :wink:

Though i do agree with you Chantal, i thought there would be a lot more people voting.

seedling
KG Regular

Perhaps if people dont vote its because they are happy with things the way they are. Therefore their vote should be counted as a happy with the magazine coming out "1 month ahead of the jobs to be done". If seven people have voted and 116 looked at the posting they that would mean 99 (plus?) happy with things the way they are.
Just an idea :)
Seedling
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Seedling i might be wrong, but that sounds like sitting on the fence to me. :) :wink:

John
KG Regular

I have voted but come back several times since to see how the voting is going. Perhaps this is what other voters have been doing so that's why we have many more views than votes.
Anyway, like most of us it seems, I prefer the mag to be one month ahead as it gives time to plan ahead. Also in this mild area quite a lot of stuff can be started several weeks earlier than normal so the mag's timing is very useful.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
gowerbass come gardener
KG Regular

John wrote:I have voted but come back several times since to see how the voting is going. Perhaps this is what other voters have been doing so that's why we have many more views than votes.
Anyway, like most of us it seems, I prefer the mag to be one month ahead as it gives time to plan ahead. Also in this mild area quite a lot of stuff can be started several weeks earlier than normal so the mag's timing is very useful.

John

ditto here :wink:
a bad days fishing beats a good days work
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

So long as the information in the magazine relates to the month it says on the cover, then it is better to receive it a few weeks early so you can plan your gardening jobs, or send for things you want to use the next month.

It gets confusing and annoying when the events have already happened, or the content doesn't apply to the month on the cover, as in some other publications.

K.G. is fine three or four weeks early, but not more, or I've read it and put it away before I need the info.
seedling
KG Regular

Not sitting on the fence. I have voted.
Seedling
Tigger
KG Regular

I've voted and keep on checking to see if others have too. So at least 8 of the views are mine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic