Best Whole Fruit Juicer

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Now my fruit trees are well established and doing well I want to get a juicer - one of those ones that you throw the whole lot in and it comes out the little spout. Can anyone suggest a good brand and also what is a good mix of fruit juices?

Westi
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

Hi Westi

Beware cheap juicers - we have had problems in the past. What we have now is a Breville J4. It's expensive but built to last!

It's got a 1200 watt motor so it's heavy and needs a firm hand. But it juices whole apples in seconds.

As for juices, it depends what you have. We make orange, carrot and apple juice every morning.

More info:-

http://www.breville.co.uk/products/juic ... uicer.html
John
KG Regular

Hello Westi
I have one of those machines that you feed with fruit from the top onto a rapidly spinning disc/grater which throws out the juice to a spout. Its a Kenwood, no longer made but I see they make a similar digital version. It is fairly simple and works well. However there are some drawbacks with these sorts of machines:
- there is quite a bit of cleaning to be done after use so its not practical for small quantities
- you don't get a lot of juice from most stuff
- you have to do a fair bit of preparation beforehand such as peeling, removing cores and pips.
- we've found that the juice does not keep well even in fridge. It's best used immediately or frozen.

I now mainly use it for juicing blackcurrants and redcurrants to make a thick pulpy juice. The redcurrant juice is excellent in strawberry jam as it gives an intense red colour and greatly imroves setting.

For simple juicing, like making smoothie type drinks, a ordinary stick blender is very quick and easy. Just put your chosen fruits into the beaker with some liquid and blitz them for 10 - 20 secs.

Hope this helps.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic