Well it started out nice...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

I've just staggered in from the lottie having burnt myself out digging and we're in the middle of a cloudburst. The rain is coming down in torrents and as for the wind, if I was any lighter I'd have blown away today. It was glorious this morning so at least I got something done but now, ugh! I know we need the rain, but I wish it would only happen during the night, or at least when I'm at work. Oh well, I'll just paddle off to the greenhouse.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Carole B.
KG Regular

We've got blue skies down here Chantal but you can't stand upright out there for a force 8 wind! I did my lottie stint yesterday,got some spuds in and harvested the last leeks and cleared the old stumps of winter greens.The new raised beds were amazingly easy to clear,the soil has not compacted down at all.
Carole.
Chantal
KG Regular

Maybe we're getting our seasons back again; winter was cold and lasted until the official start of spring; April is coming in with showers; maybe we'll get sun in the summer. Ever the optimist me. :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Tigger
KG Regular

It was wet and windy in Ludlow this morning where we went to walk our dog with some friends and their dogs. Only walked for an hour because my hip decided to go on strike (getting older is seriously overrated at times!). Back here (near Bridgnorth) it's mild and sunny and I've been outside gardening all afternoon.
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,

Mighty mad and windy up here in East Lincs....

We hosted a Plant Fair at work today... dry for the early afternoon then a spell of black as night lashing rain and gale force wind..!!
This caused some folk to leave early...meeting other folk still arriving and trying to pass on the single carriageway drive...leading to much rutted roadsides..and mighty muddied Parkland carpark..!!

Gravel paths well flattened and in need of raking up...guess what I will be doing tomorrow come rain or shine.??!! :roll:

Anyway, some funds were added to the greenhouse repair kitty... so not all bad..

Clive.
Geoff
KG Regular

Rained from dawn to about 6pm here - took the dog out at about 7pm down to the stream below us which was seriously busy - bit dark for photos by then really but you can see what I mean.
This is what water looks like by the way for you in the South.
Jude
KG Regular

Seriously wet and windy here in Chester. Nearly got blown away on the allotment yesterday though it didn't rain as much or as often as today.
At least I've got some more seeds sown today so it hasn't been a total waste. Oh, and I also got around to cleaning the tropical fish tank at last (7 weeks since I last did a water change)and I pruned out a huge load of excess plant which is great for the compost bin. The 'dirty' water is also a brilliant plant tonic.
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
Compo
KG Regular

It Was dry and windy here with occasional shower and warm sunhine if u got in the shelter. MAnaged to cut the grass at home and put some lettuce in the ground in my cold frame, I got the week off and hope to spend a couple of whole days in my lotment, great shed, choccie biscuits and a gaz stove. I dare say I will tread on the soil too!!

This weekend I installed two waterbutts to collect from my 8xy shed roof as I reckon the taps on out lotment may be turned off at sometime, intend to do the same also with the greenhouse gutters, anym ideas for cheap sources for water containers?? My local wood yard had some blue barrels that had contained anti freeze for the air port in them which were great once you had rinsed them out, but have now ran out, the cheapest butt i could get was 18 squid with a solid rubber lid and tap.
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Tigger
KG Regular

I mentioned before a company I found in the Ross area which was excellent for containers at a very good price. I e-mailed them a fortnight ago about advertsing them on this website but haven't had a reply.

I'll ring them tomorrow and put them on here if they are happy for me to do so,
pigletwillie
KG Regular

I still have three raised beds to fill on one plot but nailed one today by filling it up with some really old manure fron the farm. It came out of a norfolk roofed barn and is like a mixture of peat and compost. Two to go.

It was sunny but very windy indeed and as a bonus the same forcast till Wednesday.
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Anonymous

We are having hail storms here. The garden is like a bog. Hose pipe ban, erm I don't think so for many months yet!

Tigger, re your Sunday posting "getting older is seriously overrated at times". I couldn't agree more, but as Dave Allen used to say, it sure as hell beats the alternative!!

valmarg
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Valmarg

I liked Dave Allens take on the kids having to go to Confession at the age of 7. You'd lie so you'd become the Al Capone of the school yard, then go back and cenfess you'd lied to the Priest.

Hysterical. Sadly missed too
Lots of love

Lizzie
Anonymous

Very very sadly missed. He was like a ray of sunshine in the dreadful PC world we have today.

valmarg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic