No 'New Topic' button in News & Views

Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

garden_serf
KG Regular

Am I going blind. I just wanted to post a new topic in News and Views and cannot find a 'New Topic' button. Any reason for this? Is it for admin only?
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Garden Serf

It's entirely possible it's only for KG Admin to post things. Having taken a look the only post not started by KG was moved there from another area for greater impact (petition).

I can see the new topic button, but as I'm a moderator I'm guessing I fall into the Admin category. I'm sure Jason (KGAdmin) will tell us when he's finished eating all the mince pies. :wink:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
KGAdmin
Site Admin

garden_serf wrote:Am I going blind. I just wanted to post a new topic in News and Views and cannot find a 'New Topic' button. Any reason for this? Is it for admin only?

Hi Garden_Serf,

Yes the News forum was originally for admin / KG Staff use - we originally intended to post regular news topics there related to KG news items, and let people discuss.
However, time is against us and so News became simply a place for me to mutter about nice KG offers and so on.

Since it's not being used for its original purpose, I have altered permissions to allow regular users to post topics, so you can go ahead and post your news-y item in there now if you wish.

KGAdmin

*burp*
garden_serf
KG Regular

A prompt and efficient service. Many thanks KGAdmin (and Chantal) for your help and flexibility on this matter.
Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food - Frank A. Clark.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic