Hozelock polyspray

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

sandy_v
KG Regular

I bought one of these, which I have only used 8 times, after the first few uses it became difficult to tighten it enough to seal it - I could hear air escaping when I pumped it up, and now the trigger mechanism has broken.

Have other people had problems? I need another sprayer but not sure I want another Hozelock - they aren't cheap.
Cheers
Sandy
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Sandy, i have had a Hozelock sprayer for about ten years now, and i have had no trouble what so ever with it.

You did not say how old it is, but i think i would take it back to where you bought it from, or get in contact with Hozelock themselves, as this is not acceptable.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

I too have had good service from one of these even though I mistreat it at this time every year by using it to spray the greenhouses with hot Jeyes fluid. Are you sure the leak was from the pump insert and not from the release valve sticking in some way? The odd time I have started to unscrew accidentally without releasing the pressure it doesn't leak straight away. Perhaps dirt can get in the valve seat.
John
KG Regular

Hello Sandy
I have also had a Hozelock for many years without any problems.
You don't say how frequently you have used yours. It could be that some of the seals have either got dirty or dried out. Try giving it a good clean with warm water (with a bit of washing-up liquid added to it) especially round the seals and then put some of this into it and do a bit of pretend spraying.
Hope this works!

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Does anyone have there email or address, have been on google :( to no avail. shallot man
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Shallot Man, this address is off an oldish leaflet, but hopefully it's still the same address.

Service advice and spares.

Consumer services department.
Hozelock Ltd.
Haddenham Aylesbury.
Bucks.
Tel. 0844 292002.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic