Suppliers of odd-sized lean-tos?

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

catalpa
KG Regular

I only have room for a lean-to greenhouse of about 5 ft long x 4ft wide. I can't find anyone who makes one this size. I need to it be a standard, possibly green, frame with glass.

Can anyone suggest a supplier please?
John
KG Regular

Hello Catalpa
You could try 'Access'. They make alloy cold frames and frame-type minigreenhouses. See:

http://www.mini-greenhouse.co.uk/

They are not cheap but you are paying for quality - something that will hopefully last a lifetime. I've got a large Access frame, about 25 years old now, and its as good as new. I can still get parts for it!

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Tigger
KG Regular

Don't forget E-bay.
John
KG Regular

Good point, Tigger.
Access usually have a couple of their frames on Ebay at a starting bid quite a bit lower than their advertised prices. Lots of other frames there as well.

John

PS There used to be a place near Bristol that supplied all the necessary separate greenhouse sections so that you could construct your own g'house to almost any size or shape. They would even plan it all out for you. I can't find any trace of them now. I think they were called 'Alite Metals' or similar. Anyone know what happened to them? Gone out of business I suppose.
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic