Easy peasy raised bed

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Happymouse
KG Regular

My daughter has a new bed so I have made a sooper dooper raised bed for my vegetable patch from her old one. Just ripped off the material and removed the wheels. Perfect size too
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Happymouse, did you leave the head-board on to grow runner beans up. :wink:
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

If you'd left the springs you could have had automatic watering
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Compo
KG Regular

I agree beds are great frames and should not be dumped, I have my old kingsize Divan base up the plot the two halves make perfect frames and when clad with fleece they will be good for growing my brassicas under and keep the cabbage whites etc off.

Compo
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
Happymouse
KG Regular

My raised bed I was so excited about has been a disaster. ! I put my tomato plants in it to protect them from our dog. Every plant has died in it so I have now nicknamed it "the deathbed" ! Is there anything else I could use it for other than firewood ?
Chantal
KG Regular

It may be tomato blight rather than the bed. If you still had healthy tomatoes growing outside you'd be about the only person in the country. :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic