Need help on using the new forum? Please post questions here and see our FAQ.

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

nog
KG Regular

Is there any way to default the forum so that the newest posts are at the top.

I know you can set it on each topic but can you set it for all .
peat
KG Regular

I am on a forum that uses that default of newest on top and it is extremely annoying to read. When you have a lot of new posts as there can often be on a popular thread you have to keep scrolling up and down the page to follow it. If the thread is a long one, I press the end button and then page up to the last date I looked. I find it a lot easier that way and quicker.
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
nog
KG Regular

Thats a good idea.....you lean somthing new every day.
Chantal
KG Regular

When you go into a subject you get the name of the person who left the latest posting on the right hand side. To the right of the name is a little page icon. If you click on that it takes you straight to the last posting on that subject and saves you going through the pages and scrolling down, hitting end or anything else, just straight to it! :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
paul.r

coo. you learn something everyday. tks...paul.
Mr Potato Head

at the bottom of each topic page, there's a drop menu that says 'oldest first' change this to 'newest first' and click 'go' - doesn't do it by default though I'm afraid... :wink:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic