Good product for growers - Cosytex

Polytunnels, cold frames, greenhouses, propagators & more. How to get the best out of yours...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Mole
KG Regular

For the larger scale grower - We have been using Cosytex this year - it's great stuff. Better than fleece - good for winter salads outside (in the south west..) Currently have lettuce, spinach, oriental greens parsley and brassicas under it. (Alone for brassicas or over cloche hoops for leaf crops). Have used it to protect against all the flying beasties from carrot fly to cabbage white to pigeons.

We got an 8m x 200m roll, but it's easily 'cut and sealed' with a blow torch and fixed with anything from old bricks to tri-pegs. Most of our beds are 15mx 1.25m or 15m x 3m. we have the equivalent of 80 of the former size plus paths 0.5m wide between them.

Mole

http://www.xlhorticulture.co.uk/html/cosytex.html
lez
KG Regular

Hello
You mentioned this cosytex and it sounds good. I take it it is strong. You did not mention where you aquired it. Any info greatly appreciated as I have been on the look out for something for a while now as enviromesh is very expensive.
cheers now
Lez
Mole
KG Regular

Lez - if you follow the link it gets you to the suppliers website - you need to phone them or email to get a price.

I've just seen an advert this week by Agralan (the original suppliers of 'Enviromesh') for their new product called 'Envirotect' - it looks just like cosytex in the photo. I expect that it's available in smaller sizes from them, but probably more expensive. (better name though!)

Cosytex is definitely better than fleece, and is more flexible than mesh, so good for stretching over hoops. We use both mesh and cosytex, but have not used fleece for a couple of years now.
lez
KG Regular

Mole- cheers mate I will give them a go. Still no matter what you buy there is always somthing else they bring out that's better.
cherrs now and you have a good season as it was pretty much a washout here last year.
Lez
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic