new allotment site s

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

TROUSERS
KG Regular

what a surprise i had today.i have been in devizes in wilts today with a client who showed me around thier new allotment site ,all with new sheds a big secure fence ,and new access roads.all i could say was bloody fantastic job well done,!!! nice to see local council doing something right for achange.
Piglet
KG Regular

Tis true, a refreshing change indeed, although apparently Leicester City council has earmarked £1 million for our allotments. Me thinks that £990k will go on research and surveys and the rest will buy a few padlocks. I hope that I am wrong.
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

We might be getting a couple of new rolls of netting for our allotments, to keep out the deer and rabbits.
But our allotments are privately owned, so i don't suppose we can expect to much.

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Tigger
KG Regular

I'm sure you'll be able to get onto the reference group (or whatever it's called in Leics) Piglet and shape (no pun intended) their decisions. As last year's award winning allotmenteer, why would they refuse your knowledge and advice?
seedling
KG Regular

That much for padlocks Piglet? My leicester council are spoiling you :wink:
Seedling
Chantal
KG Regular

What's a padlock? :roll:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

Piglet wrote:Tis true, a refreshing change indeed, although apparently Leicester City council has earmarked £1 million for our allotments. Me thinks that £990k will go on research and surveys and the rest will buy a few padlocks. I hope that I am wrong.

Piglet I work in local government and can assure you it won't be wasted on that sort of thing. :wink:

It will be spent on extremely experienced and value for money consultants to take six months producing a seventy page report that will come to the same conclusion you or I could provide in one minute for a pint of decent beer. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Weed
KG Regular

I do believe that all the sites in Leicester are self managed, this may have something to do with the awarding of the grant.
My plot is just outside the boundary by about two miles and none of the sites in the Borough are self managed so we seem to miss out.
It has taken us years to get a gate replaced and what a fight we had....we now have a great dual entrance gate...no fencing to speak of....no toilets... but a great gate

Yes I am as jealous as hell
I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic