Can't sleep...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

... 'cos of the inconsiderate b******s who live six doors away from us who have been having a party since 3pm. Ten minutes ago there was a rendition of Pretty Woman sung by a lot of drunk people which at least was an improvement on the shrieking tart who was out in the road arguing with her boyfriend for half an hour. Every now and again another one or two walk home, shouting their heads off; I'm fit to kill someone. Between the hours of 10pm and 11.30pm someone in the neighbourhood was letting of explosive fireworks; thousands of pounds worth by the sound of it - I thought at was illegal at this time of year?

It's now 1.45am and there's no sign of them shutting up. If I lived next door I'd have accidentally turned a hose pipe on them by now. :evil:

I'm tired and grumpy. Yawn.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Chantal
KG Regular

Still going :shock: and now I'm talking to myself. :?
Chantal

Allan
KG Regular

I'm very sorry to hear about your dilemma.IMHO you have every right to call the police to sort them out.
We too suffer only too often from the fireworks menace
Allan
Carole B.
KG Regular

We've got a new service down here,if it's non-emergency police for just your sort of problem you ring 101 to report it... if anyone comes I don't know!
Chantal
KG Regular

I've just staggered out of bed at 8.30am having finally got to sleep around 4am. I'm usually up at about 5.30am.

Just wait until Rocky starts crowing. I'll be sneaking round just before dawn and positioning him with his beak through their letter box. :twisted:

I know I could have called the police but I figured if their immediate neighbours could deal with it then I should be able to. Thinking about it rationally, the immediate neighbours were probably at the party!

We have Council wardens we can call for anti social behaviour problems but they work from 7am - 11pm so not much use in this instance.

If I had a shed on my plot I could have gone and slept there... :lol:
Chantal

seedling
KG Regular

Hi Chantal
I sympathise. We had fireworks too last night causing Harry the dog to tremble and get stressed. No doubt it was a birhtday party like the one near you. Then we had drunks walking up the road till about 3 am . Amazing how you lose the ability to control volume after a few pints.
Finally got to sleep about 3.45am to be woken at 8am by our neighbours 14 year old daughter shouting her head off across the road "I hate you" etc.
Yes and I hate you this morning :evil:
sleepy seedling
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Seedling lucky that fourteen year old was shouting at 8am, or you might not have woke up, and you would have missed some of this lovely day. :D :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Angi
KG Regular

Sympathy from me too, Chantal. We have been bothered all summer by folk in the next street having a party every weekend!! All this hot weather leads to a combination of open windows, outdoor entertaining and short tempers. Add to that the new licensing laws which lead to everyone trotting off home at 3am rather that 11.30pm and I'm ready to commit murder! Maybe I'll go and live in my allotment shed....
seedling
KG Regular

Chantal and I have discussed putting a tent on our allotment cos we are not allowed sheds (boo-hoo :cry: )This way we could both avoid the drunkeness experienced last night. However she informs me that she snores so I think a tent each, spread along way apart, might be the way to go.
You might be right OH but I must admit "missing the lovely day" was not my first thought when I heard the shouting this morning.
Seedling
tracie
KG Regular

how do you manage with no shed?, could you get up a pettion to the local council, maybe they would change their minds.
Mine when it came was that horrid orange, I painded it blue useing fence paint and now I have my hanging baskest and tubs outside, and my sungold toms growing over the windows.
Our local council came round for their inspection the other week and took photos of it, felt quite pleased with myself.

Maybe you could try again with your council.
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I must say, i'm so lucky where i live, the worst i might hear is a barking deer and the church clock striking. it's a hard old life hear in the country. :D :wink:
We do get the odd horse come through early some mornings. :shock: :wink:

Zena
KG Regular

Sounds idyllic Old H. We're fortunate with our neighbours round here, butI confess to cursing the bypass at the bottom of the garden at this time of year. you don't notice the traffic so much in winter but when the windows are open.... The motor bikes are the worse.
Have just come back from a weekend with the Sealed Knot at Spetchley so am feeling a bit short of sleep myself - partying round a camp fire and drinking port!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Zena, i heard there had been some disturbance at Spetchley now i know why. :wink:
What is the Sealed Knot :?: You must tell me all about it. :shock: :wink:
I hope you behaved yourself after all that port. :wink:

peter
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:What is the Sealed Knot :?: You must tell me all about it. :shock: :wink:

OH I thought you took part in the original battles the Sealed Knot re-enact. :wink: :wink:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

Is it not historic battle re-enactment? I think I went to the Battle of Naseby or something like it many years ago. Amazing stuff by truly dedicated amateurs. :D
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic