Forum Fillers

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

I told you I wasn't going crackers!

See page 35 of the new KG; we could all be famous if this is a regular feature. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Allan
KG Regular

Have you checked against the original. It is heavily edited, one might argue about the way it has been done. I still hope that it shows the beginning of recognition of all the useful information that has appeared on the forum.
I am hoping to get around to taking more pictures of my setup. Any idea what would be the minimum definition standard acceptable for publication. My best camera has 2.3 megapixels, I can't see me buying a new camera on the offchance that a few pictures might be published.
lizzie
KG Regular

How about that then? JB, Jenny Green, Compo and Allan all in print. Groovy baby. Do you think anything about sprout wine will be published? :twisted:

Allan, your camera should be fine. My mums is the same as yours and the pictures are fine, no problems at all. I'd just carry on and enjoy taking the phots of your setup.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Oooerr! I haven't got the mag yet and didn't know one of them was me! I hope it isn't my missing cat post. :shock:
Tigger
KG Regular

I think it's great. Let's hope it becomes a regular feature.
lizzie
KG Regular

I hope it becomes a regular feature too.

Mr PH could call it "Pearls of Wisdom from the Madhouse"

Or "Ravings from the Looney Farm" :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Mr Potato Head

As regards the editing, it has to be edited for space, and I suppose it suffered slightly for having the 'conversational' element toned-down. It's pretty tricky trying to squeeze a rambling forum conversation down to a few paragraphs, and I think Steve was aiming to try and highlight the nuggets of advice... We'll try better next time. Can anyone suggest a thread I should use?

Besides, we're trying not to scare off potential forum members... no mention of Lizzies Tea Parties in the mag, just yet... :wink:
Diane
KG Regular

Rambling? I don't ramble, never rambled in my life, no, I don't think so, can't think of any recent or past ramble - now, let me think again, no, no rambling from me :shock:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Allan
KG Regular

Mr P-H, you are a treasure. Let us all work together to get the best out of both media. The forum has one particular advantage, that is speed of working, a question put up here frequently gets answers the same day, indeed once I remember an anwer within minutes. In contrast my answer on polytunnels and rainwater took two months to appear. However the magazine publication month is always one ahead of the calendar month so I don't think we can beat that.
Allan
peter
KG Regular

Chantal, you may not be going crackers, but Allan seems a little excited. :wink:
It is a good move though, well done Mr PH. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic