Water dilema

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

pillbug
KG Regular

I don`t know where to post this.We are Trent (fraudster)waterboard customers,no hosepipe ban...but .What do you do if a few days ago you notice your neighbour putting a hosepipe into a dew pond,after 3 days I noticed that the water level had gone up ,another 3 and it is up to predrought levels.?This is probably a stagering 6 days non stop watering of a natural feature that was not too low anyway.This antisocial behaviour is not illegal and it is not a teeny pond 200+by 25+feet ,also we are the only neighbours who could know.What could we do?
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Are you on a meter? If so, then he's paying for it. If not, could you phone the water company about it?
Cider Boys
KG Regular

I would not worry about it. He is perfectly entitled to use a hose pipe and the amount of water he is using is a mere blip compared with the water lost through leakage.

There is no water shortage in Britain only foolish Government policies of adding to our already over populated Island and therefore causing localised problems due to the increase in population of some areas.

Keep Watering

Barney
Lyn
KG Regular

Although your neighbour evidently means well, what is of more concern is that the fragile balance of an ecosystem is being artificially interfered with by the introduction of chlorinated water, which indiscriminately kills both harmful and beneficial bacteria, and is not good for amphibians in any great quantities.
Lyn
pillbug
KG Regular

I should`t worry about anphibians since fish were put in years ago and so have reached a fair size,luckily the dragonflies are managing to survive but we otherwise only the odd toad.Also I don`t think this is well meaning he just wanted the pond full.And yes Cider boys I do know there isn`t a hosepipe ban nor a water shortage here but it`s a dew pond not a manmade pond where the fish will expire and I know that it will flood part of his garden when we do get lots of rain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic