whos got rain

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Tigger
KG Regular

Nothing here either. Just lots of sun.
Chantal
KG Regular

Nothing here today.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

We had an hour and a half on thursday evening. :D
Severe lightning though. :shock:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Carole B.
KG Regular

Clive,I didn't know that website existed,I've been having a look but I can't get it to replay anything,how did you do it?
Mind you it could explain why there was a procession of cars going up the hill to the far end of the local cemetary (called Mount Joy,would you believe!)where they would have had an incredible (and at times rather close) view of the lightening,perhaps that's their monitoring point.
Geoff
KG Regular

No sign of rain in the northern desert

Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Carol,
The map bit runs using Java on my 'puter....checked this morning and it does seem to be playing through a loop..but is not showing any lightning positions...
I note the accumulated total was only in double figures rather than up in the thousands as it was the other day...so I assume the answer is there are currently no or few storms about.??? Or the lightning got a bit too close :shock:

All the best,
Clive.
Carole B.
KG Regular

Thanks Clive,if they were where I think they were then I should imagine that their hair stood on end!
lizzie
KG Regular

Weyhay, we finally got rain last night and today. At long last after nearly 4 weeks of dry and heat!!!

It was gorgeous just feeling the raindrops again.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

It rained here in Saturday night/Sunday morning; it's pouring with rain now and has been for the past 4 hours so the lottie will be happy. :D
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
lizzie
KG Regular

I hope it doesn't rain in mid Wales next week when the family and I are on our jollies. We're camping and being stuck in a tent with him and 2 kids is not my idea of fun!!!!

Still, it's all part of the experience. Now, can anybody tell me the best way to pack all the camping gear, food and clothes into the boot of a punto? :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
peterf
KG Regular

lizzie wrote:I hope it doesn't rain in mid Wales next week when the family and I are on our jollies. We're camping and being stuck in a tent with him and 2 kids is not my idea of fun!!!!

Still, it's all part of the experience. Now, can anybody tell me the best way to pack all the camping gear, food and clothes into the boot of a punto? :shock:

roof box lizzie :lol: by the way its tipping down up here,and i love it,no good for camping though enjoy your holiday,peter
Geoff
KG Regular

Well a large gang of us went camping near Aviemore many years ago. There was another Geoff in the party. Well he packed his Mini with all he could ever need inside and on a roof rack. Decided it was a bit top heavy so took it all off and had another go. Well satisfied he set off North and was ever afterwards differentiated from me with the nickname Frameless Geoff. Not the way to go camping so go careful on the packing.
lizzie
KG Regular

We're keeping everything to a minimum. Just the tent(large 3 bedroomed job), cooker, pans, 2 chairs (folding), 4 sleeping bags, 1 table (folding)gas bottle, water carrier (flat) beach games, and one holdall of clothes for 4 of us. Will be buying food daily there cos I don't have a fridge and the coolbox is only good for 24 hours cos of the ice packs melting.

I've got a roof rack off mum but whether it'll fit the car I don't know. The puntos are funny. I was quoted £200 for a roof box cos of the punto shape, the bars were more expensive.

Should be fun. No tv, no radio, loads of aquatic nature for the kids, cricket on the beach and hikes to see where the road goes.

Anyone got any tips for a novice camper?
Lots of love

Lizzie
Deb P
KG Regular

Anyone got any tips for a novice camper?[/quote]

Don't put your tent up having had a few beers....I went camping with friends to a festival years ago, and they managed to put one up inside out! In the morning, they were saying, 'Ah, that's what all those useful sleeve bits for the poles were for'..... :lol:
lizzie
KG Regular

Thanks Deb. I don't drink but it's probably something i'd do sober anyway, put the thing up inside out!!!!

Today, I put the pressure cooker on and didn't put any water in it so anythings possible with me :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic