whos got rain

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peterf
KG Regular

anyone got a weather update as to whats comming up from the south.rains needed desperately up here :shock:
sandersj89
KG Moderator

Just a few rumbles of thunder and a few spots of rain so far in Sussex.....
Farmers son looking to get back to the land full time one day.....

Holiday in Devon? Come stay with us: http://www.crablakefarm.co.uk/
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello,
A few minutes light rain this morning...enough to persuade us to stay in and tidy the greenhouses..but not enough to do any good....
....the rain that is not the tidying :wink:

A few rumbles of thunder late afternoon...

Things are as brown and parched as I have seen for a long while..1995.??

Clive.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well at the moment the whole sky has turned that horrible yellow/black colour, i think we are going to get more than just a shower of rain.
Now wheres Lizze, she could run towards the lightning and attract it away from my humble abode. :wink: :shock:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
richard p
KG Regular

there have been the odd local showers , the odd overnight drizzle but nothing to do any good. though we have showers forcast for the weekend, which can mean anything from someone somewhere gets 5 minutes to it stops somewhere for 5 minutes :D just hope the boy's outdoor wedding is in the right place on saturday, must dash theres a marque arriving in five minutes.... i hope.... :D
Malk
KG Regular

Scotland - low gray clouds, cool breeze, no rain yet. Fingers crossed. My water barrels are almost empty.
Welcome to Finland!!
Carole B.
KG Regular

Last night I stood by the landing window between 9pm and 10.30pm and watched the most fantastic display of lightening I've seen for a long time,only about 5mins of rain though......
Clive.
KG Regular

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

The above website seems quite interesting....have not got it all worked out :?
....but am I right in thinking it shows a fast replay of recent events..??

Clive.
Chantal
KG Regular

We had a lot of rain last night and a spectacular storm which lasted from at least 10.30pm until 3am. The lightning flashes were a max of 3 seconds apart during all this time and the thunder was continuous, just rolling around. The rain lasted a good few hours, and it rained again for an hour this morning. More on the way this evening by the feel of it. Still hot and humid between storms though.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Jude
KG Regular

At least 5 weeks since any significant rain here in Chester, just one short sharp shower last Saturday afternoon as we were about to have a barbecue. There's been plenty about apparently, but it always seems to just miss us. Thank God no hosepipe ban here, but that doesn't help on the allotment. I am in severe pain from carrying cans just to water the really precious stuff as we only have one small tank for about 10 plots and you have to be early and bloody quick off the mark in the evening!
Quite glad to be off on my hols and to have the burden of guilt and worry taken off.... if it dies, it dies, so what. Arrrrgh,
Yeah, OK so I definitely do need a break.
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
lizzie
KG Regular

Same as Jude, nothing for weeks and weeks.

It's drier than a pharoes sandle.

As for you, OH, getting me to run towards the thunder and lightening to protect chez Old Herbaceous all I can say is

READY WHEN YOU ARE TIGER, WHAYYYYYYYYYYY :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Heavy downpours here yesterday at intervals all afternoon. We desperately need it though. We had nearly two months of virtually nothing. I'm going to have to mow the lawn at this rate!
Piglet
KG Regular

We had a huge downpour yesterday evening. That coupled with Saturdays gave me 400 litres of water from just an 8 x 6 greenhouse. It nearly half filled my (empty) 1000 litre IBC.
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Trevor Holloway
KG Regular

At last, loads of rain - it absolutely hammered it down, got drenched going outside to see how quickly the butts were filling. By the time I got there they were full!
Next year will have to get more and link them up properly.

From the arid parts of Surrey
Franksmum
KG Regular

Nothing in Birmingham since last Saturday and that dried up after a couple of hours.
I heard parts of Oxfordshire were flooded - is this true?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic