It's thundering, but will it rain?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Chantal
KG Regular

I'm sat outside on the patio with a cup of tea and my trusty laptop with the thunder rumbling around in the distance. No sign of lightning (I'd be in like a shot if there was) and no sign of rain either. I fear a bit of noise is all we're going to get. :cry: Is it raining anywhere else yet this morning?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peterf
KG Regular

hi chantal,its tipping it down here very welcome it is also.heres the lates radar pic,click on 4hrs annimate then click on places and you can track the direction.east coast looks good for some mega downpours today http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin ... arp=;prec=
pillbug
KG Regular

No rumbling only grumbling in this household at 6am as a small missile hits the bed demanding breakfast.
8am.the sun is out,no clouds,out with the watering can again....
Chantal
KG Regular

...but not very much. The thunder's stopped and it's been raining for the past 10 minutes or so but not nearly as heavily as we need and it's about to stop by the look of it. It looks wet and the temperature has dropped to something bearable but it looks like the cans will be out again later although Metcheck are forecasting a reasonable amount of precipitation this afternoon. I've have a gander at that map now, thanks.
Chantal

peterf
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:...but not very much. The thunder's stopped and it's been raining for the past 10 minutes or so but not nearly as heavily as we need and it's about to stop by the look of it. It looks wet and the temperature has dropped to something bearable but it looks like the cans will be out again later although Metcheck are forecasting a reasonable amount of precipitation this afternoon. I've have a gander at that map now, thanks.

would'nt bother with metcheck, netweather tv much more accurate chantal. :D
Last edited by peterf on Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Many thanks to Chantal & Seedling for their Herculean watering task the other day!
YOU MADE IT RAIN!!! :D :D :D
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I got back earlier from watering my runner beans, i was sopping wet, dirty and tired. :wink:
Now it's been rainig for about an hour, everything looks fresher already.
I hope it carries on all day, but it looks as if it's brightning now. :cry:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

We will always get some sort of weather.
Tigger
KG Regular

Still no rain here - and we didn't get any the other evening either. Ah well, proves the sun does shine on the righteous. :roll:

Actually - I think it's more likely that Severn Trent have done some deal to get their own back on us lot on metered water. :evil:
seedling
KG Regular

Well the heavens opened in rugby this afternoon. It went dark very quickly and then the thunder and lightning started followed by the rain. The air outside feels cool for the first time this week - BLISS! Hopefully it rain for the rest of the day. Hope you all got some rain too.
Seedling
pillbug
KG Regular

Finally started raining here 15 mins ago and still going strong,actually very heavy now,pity I didn`t cut a lettuce earlier as they will now all be mud covered but perkey.
Piglet
KG Regular

It absolutely poured down here in Leicestershire for well over an hour.
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Chantal
KG Regular

Seedling and I spent most of the afternoon in my house watching the lightning and rain, and boy did it rain. I lost my internet connection in the storm and have only got back on line in the past 30 minutes. :cry:

As Seedling says, lovely and cool tonight so a good night's sleep for everyone in Rugby and no watering for a few days. :D
Chantal

Zena
KG Regular

Lots of rain over here as well,earlier on. I was driving home and didn't think I was going to make it. I couldn't see through the windscreen and the drains couldn't cope with the sudden rain, so there were flooded areas all over. stopped at the Co op and they were about to shut as they were flooded out. and my bean poles got blown over!
peter
KG Regular

Grrrrrrrrrrr, jealous.

Ten minutes this morning and five this evening.

Lifted my over-wintered onions just in case tonight is wet, so it will now stay dry!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Deb P
KG Regular

Blimey. Came home from work late yesterday, water butts all full, totally empty when I left!!

Out early this morning, can hear all the garden plants going slurp! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic