It's thundering, but will it rain?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

sandersj89
KG Moderator

Up to the plot first thing on saterday to plant out some leeks, at 7am I was dripping with sweet as it was so humid!!!

10.30 the heavens opened for an hour and watered them in nicely!

:D

Jerry
Farmers son looking to get back to the land full time one day.....

Holiday in Devon? Come stay with us: http://www.crablakefarm.co.uk/
pillbug
KG Regular

:P What kind of sweet?Can we help!
lizzie
KG Regular

Still had no rain here for at least a week, probable longer. I was outside the other night (3am again) and there was loads of gorgeous blue forked lightening but no rain or thunder.

Shame, I like a good, violent thunderstorm. Fantastic. Even better when viewed from a clifftop overlooking the sea. Maybe i'm just weired though :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Well, if you're weird I am too - not sure how reassuring that is! :D
When others are running from the storm I'm running towards it. Better than the telly!
lizzie
KG Regular

Thank goodness Jenny

I thought I was the only one. I do exactly the same thing. Love thunderstorms. In fact, if there is one at night and I sleep through it, I feel cheated cos I missed it.

It's good being weired. I like it :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
pillbug
KG Regular

Have just seen the latest weather forecast,thunder/lightening then rain through until sunday,bad news is temperatures will stay up.I`m off to lift the onions.
peter
KG Regular

Still dry here, came home a slightly different route yesterday (due to passenger under a tube-train) and the vegetation at the side of the line was bleached blonde.
Stevenage, a few miles away, had at least an hours soaking according to one person I spoke to on Sunday.

Soaked my spuds via watering can, 40 + 90 and the rest of the plot, so about two hundred eleven litre cans over two days. Hard work :roll: .
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
pillbug
KG Regular

Back to top,thunder here but no rain.....
Allan
KG Regular

Wednesday AM

The latest is that the front promised for Sat/Sun will not bring much rain at all, but it does indicate a change in the weather pattern. Heat alone is tolerable up to a point but with high humidity the result is very unpleasant if you still have to work. I did manage to get my 60 trench red celery in yesterday but not a nice experience.
Allan
vicki
KG Regular

we had a HUGE thunderstorm for a couple of hours down in Berkshire around 2 o'clock this morning - bucketfuls of heavy rain but its still hot and humid now!
Smiling is infectious....
Chantal
KG Regular

It poured with rain from 3-6.30am here in Rugby and yes, I know it did as I couldn't sleep with the heat and was in the kitchen with the doors open making jam! :roll:

For a while it was pleasantly cool but the humidity now is worse than ever. Storms threatened for later but I've heard that before...

Oh well, no need to water tonight at least. 8)
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
peter
KG Regular

Normal route home today and the allotments at Cheshunt have had a lineside fire spread from the grass and weeds next to the ballast, to the brambles and then across into the site, burt across several vacant plots and possibly one or two occupied ones. Certainly scorching damage. :(
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

Jenny Green
KG Regular

Never heard of that method of clearing overgrown plots before. :shock:
It has its merits though!
Vivien
KG Regular

Typical - take a day off to do lottie stuff, just ready to go (sandwiches & flask) and it's started raining! I'm not sure that it'll amount to much, though. We went for a swim last night and saw all the lightning at sea - very spectacular. We got one small shower as we were heading back, but that was it, so I don't think I'll put the watering can away just yet.
peter
KG Regular

Unable to visit plot when I got home due to a torrential and loud thunderstorm lasting an hour and a half. :D :D :D

Barrow left out had between one and two inches of water in it. :D :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic