'ello

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Marge
KG Regular

Hi there everyone, I'm Marge :) I've been a reader of Kitchen Garden on and off for about a year and have only just found out about this forum :oops:

I am very keen on growing my own food, especially globe artichokes and have even managed to harvest two lovely specimens already this summer.

The nasturtiums are growing well, though I am loathe to eat them because they look so fabulous!
Reine de la cocina
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Marge, welcome to the asylum. 8)
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
lizzie
KG Regular

Hi Marge

Welcome to the Zoo. It's best if you're mad cos we all are, some more so than others :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Tigger
KG Regular

Boing! Evening Marge. You'll love it here. :lol:
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Welcome Marge. Sounds like your nasturtiums are better than mine. I refuse to water them and they just won't grow! (Wonder why? :roll: )
jane E
KG Regular

There really ought to be an advert for the forum in the magazine. Are you listening, Mr. Potato Head? Just Checking.
Chantal
KG Regular

Mr PH said there would be "something for all you forum members" in the next magazine, so something is happening and I guess we'll find out what in the next couple of weeks. Ooooh the excitement :wink:
Chantal

Johnboy
KG Regular

Deafening aint it!!
JB.
Tigger
KG Regular

I thought Mr PH meant the Malvern article. Put my finger to my head and say red backwards.......
Marge
KG Regular

fanks people, you are indeed a welcoming bunch :)
Reine de la cocina
peter
KG Regular

Chantal wrote:Mr PH said there would be "something for all you forum members" in the next magazine, so something is happening and I guess we'll find out what in the next couple of weeks. Ooooh the excitement :wink:

Chantal, you are behind the times, the something was the photo of the usual suspects, you included.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Chantal
KG Regular

Yeah, I went back over the postings and he's not said anything on here. I'm clearly dreaming. Again. However, us moderators were asked some stuff a while back which was towards an article for the mag so who knows... (inside information here). :D

Either way, I think there SHOULD be an article in KG on a regular basis as look how many people have joined since a little photo was published, who have said they didn't know the forum existed before. 8)
Chantal

Carole B.
KG Regular

'ello,'ello Marge,if you don't want to eat the nasturtium flowers wait till you get the seed heads and pickle them,they are a poor man's caper.
1)Make a brine with 4oz salt to 1.5 pints of water and cover seeds for 24 hours.
2)Drain,pack into jars and put into the oven at Gas3 for 10 mins.
3)Heat some spiced vinegar,take the jars out of the oven and fill with the vinegar and seal.
It keeps for ages.
Tigger
KG Regular

Pickled nasturtium pods are excellent but do be wary of eating too many at once. They have a particular side effect if you over indulge. It's the same result if you eat lots of mints made with Sorbitol - a very rapid and over enthusiastic digestive system! :oops:
Chantal
KG Regular

There speaks the voice of experience :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic