Wolseley Major Merry Tiller

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Driver
KG Regular

Does anybody know if you can get a plough for a Wolseley Major Merry Tiller.? If so, any idea where I can get one from.? Thanks.
KGDD
peter
KG Regular

E-bay sometimes has them, but tread carefully, many people have a very hazy idea what they are selling and you need to check the hitch very carefully. :roll:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
John
KG Regular

Hello Driver
As Peter says they come up on ebay quite often. You will also need to get a pair of drive wheels - these fit in place of the tines.

John
Clive.
KG Regular

Hello Driver,

I have sent some info via pm that may be of help.

All the best,
Clive.
Richard
KG Regular

Hello Driver
There were two types of rear hitch used on Majors. The Type C had a round bar skid. From 1961 the Type D and all later Majors had a rectangular section skid. The ridger attachment fits onto a toolbar which goes into the hitch instead of the skid, so you need the correct toolbar for your skid. To complicate matters, a lightweight toolbar, simply a piece of bar welded at 90 degrees to the bar that fits into the hitch, and a more complex toolbar made of bent 5/8 inch square bar was available. Two different sizes of ridger and a “proper” plough that only fits Titans complicate matters further. Some of these attachments are still made, checkout http://www.westpowertools.com/products/ ... y%20tiller these should be available from Allen dealers in the UK.
Regards Richard
Unclecrash
KG Regular

I have a Wolsley Super Major if anyone interested. All the attatchments are there including a plough. E-mail [email protected]

Not looking for major profit. Goes to good home for reasonable offer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic