Anyone else still waiting for KG artichokes?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

sprout
KG Regular

Crikey, this is turning into a saga :(
Sent off for the KG artichoke plant offer in March. Delivery promised end of May. Contacted KG in early June when they didn't arrive. Delivery promised by end June by subcontractor. Failed to arrive again. Contacted subcontractor at the start of the week. No reply yet ... (wondering if they've gone out of business)
End of rant :roll:
Anyone else still waiting, or am I being singled out for special treatment? :shock: :cry:
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Let me know if nothing turns up by end of week.

KGAdmin
Belinda
KG Regular

I too ordered the artichokes, along with the celery and celeriac combination sometime back in April I think (from the May magazine?). On the fifth phone call on the 23rd June I was told that the plants had been sent out on the previous Monday (19th) and should have arrived by then. I called back on the Monday (26th) to let them know they still hadn't arrived and was told that they would not be having any more stock in and could only offer a refund. What choice did I have!! :evil: :cry:

The refund hasn't appeared in the bank yet but I'm checking regularly - I'll give them another week or so.

I have since ordered and received 5 artichoke plants from Victoriana Nursery without any problems. But I guess I'll just have to do without the celery and celeriac though.
John
KG Regular

A number of us had similar problems with this company last year with orders that we had placed through the KG mag. Problems included late delivery, poor quality, wrong items sent and not being able to contact them on the phone. Sadly it seems that little has improved. Once KG's previous management became aware of the problems they did a good job of chasing things up. I seem to remember that the previous editor posted on forum supporting this company!!!
It looks as though from what you say that little has changed.

John
sprout
KG Regular

Thank you too John, it sounds like this is a well-trodden road :(
Snap belinda, I ordered more artichokes from Victoriana too and they are doing well :D

Will wait and see til the end of the week, then see if Admin can help :roll:
KGAdmin
Site Admin

An important update on this will appear here very shortly.

KGAdmin
sprout
KG Regular

KGAdmin wrote:Let me know if nothing turns up by end of week.
KGAdmin

Close of business Thursday so yes please Admin, if you can help, please let us know what's going on! :D
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hi sprout - and everyone waiting on Eastfields offers from March or earlier.

We are still waiting for confirmation of some details before we can make an announcement on the problems. We expect to be able to say more early next week. I'm sorry if this sounds so mysterious...

KGAdmin
Vivien
KG Regular

I must be one of the lucky ones - I got my artichokes a couple of weeks ago. They're all planted up, but I think I've lost a couple to the severe heat, not being able to water them all day, but most are doing well. Sorry to hear about the majority of troubles, though.
sprout
KG Regular

You never know Vivien - I planted out several seed-grown artichokes six weeks ago. Two I gave up for dead (no water) and trod on a couple of others :oops: . In spite of (because of?) neglect, they are all shooting new leaves. Hope yours recover too :D
sprout
KG Regular

The story from Eastfields is that all the plants will be sent to those waiting for them this week. Hmm, Thursday morning, still no plants. Anyone got theirs yet? oh, give me some hope :cry: :(
Belinda
KG Regular

I was on the phone to them this morning, asking when I could expect my refund to appear in my account. As I put the phone down I noticed the Parcelforce van pulling away :x , and on the doormat a card for a parcel 'too big for the letterbox'.

So, I've been down to the sorting office to collect it and what do you know :shock: 10 Celery, 10 Celeriac and 10 Artichoke plants :o gob smacked or what!!

Now where on earth am I going to find room for 15 artichoke plants when I'd got used to the idea of just the 5 I got from Victoriana :? :? :?
Chantal
KG Regular

Don't give up hope yet Sprout, I've heard that Fothergills have purchased Eastfields and are resuming normal order delivery, :D and as Belinda has her order now it looks to be true. 8)
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
sprout
KG Regular

Thanks for the inside track Chantal :shock: - still waiting! :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic