flying ants

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

jopsy
KG Regular

Aghgh :evil:
Just moved my pop up green bin thing with weeds in (dh has been telling me to move it for days)
Underneath there were hundreds of ants and flying ants, they have ruined my round pebble step :cry:
I squirted them all with some horrid pink stuff I found in the shed-but it didn't seem to bother them
Any ideas?
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I must admit talcum powder never does seem to bother ants. :shock:
If your not squeamish a kettle of boiling water will do the trick. :?
I'm sure a clever person like yourself will be able to repair your round pebble step. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

This sun makes my hair rustle like pea straw.
jopsy
KG Regular

Oh dear, I'm not sure I fancy boiling them :?
The pebble step was never cemented, I made it myself so I'm sure I can do it again :D
I think you'll find Old Spice aftershave is particularly useful :wink:
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Do they still sell Old spice aftershave, actually i think that would be worse than pouring boiling water over them. :shock:
I suppose you could try boiling the Old Spice, that would give the neihbours something to talk about. :wink:

Kind regards Old Herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Weed
KG Regular

Hi

Saw this on another site and found it interesting... haven't tried it yet though

"An organic way to get rid of ants is clove oil

Whilst ants are not a pest and do some benefit in the garden. Most people do not like an ant setting up house under their patio or in their lawn.
A sure fire way to get rid of them is mix a small bottle of clove oil (from the chemist) in a large watering can with a rose sprinkler. Quickly water this over the area the ants have set up home ........ and stand back! First you will see the flying ants leaving the nest in droves, the soldier ants will follow them on foot. Tried tested and never failed".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic