Gooseberry jam

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

lizzie
KG Regular

Hi peeps

Does anyone ahve a recipe for the above please. Got more goosegogs than I know what to do with!!!

Thanks
Lots of love

Lizzie
Sarahlee
KG Regular

You need equal quantities of gooseberries to sugar. Simply cook the gooseberries in a splash of water (add a bit more if you need to) until they are soft. Take the pan off the heat and add the sugar. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Put back on the heat and boil rapidly until setting point is reached. Take the jam off the heat to test for setting point by putting a blob of jam on a cold plate, leave a minute and if the jam wrinkles when you draw your finger through it is ready to pot into warm, sterilised jars. If it doesn't wrinkle boil for a few minutes more. You can use the juice from an orange instead of water to cook the gooseberries in.
lizzie
KG Regular

Thanks Sarahlee

Much appreciated. Will be doing this one tomorrow.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Wellie
KG Regular

Got given some gogs from a rather lovely client of mine last week, and trousers' isn't THAT keen, so I'll give the jam a go as well,
thanks for that.
Wellie
What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. The good they do is inconceivable....
Beryl
KG Regular

Gooseberry juice can be added to any jam. It is a good souce of pectine and particularly good if you have trouble getting the jam to set.
Try gooseberry and Strawberry - delicious.

Or puree the gooseberries and use 1 pint of puree to 1 lb sugar to make a gooseberry cheese.

Beryl.
lizzie
KG Regular

I did this one and it was gorgeous. Gave mum a taste and she nicked 5 hars to gove to "the girls"

Only got one left now and no more gogs!!! Have to wait till next year now
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic