Moles & Jeyes Fluid?

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Mac McDonald- O.R.G.
KG Regular

Some time ago, I read on the web, that Jeyes Fluid can be used to entice Moles to leave a garden area. I don't want to kill the moles as they eat grubs and scorpions (we have many scorpions) but they really tear up my wifes rose garden. Has anyone used this product on moles? Is it available in the U.S.?

Thanks, Mac/O.R.G.
peter
KG Regular

Been longing to find an American vegetable gardener to ask this one.

Seriously, how do you deal with a bear that takes a taste to your veg?

Two flippant options occur to this Limey, shoot him, or ask him if he'd like a steak with that.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Mac McDonald- O.R.G.
KG Regular

Actually, if I am supplying the vegies, it would be the bears job to supply the steaks. Bear meat is NOT good. We do abound in bears among other wildlife but our garden is surrounded by 8-10 ft. fencing and our 4 Ausey cattledogs have full access to it. By the way, what is an allotment I keep seeing talked about?
Mac, O.R.G., CA
God invented the gopher & the 22cal rifle on the same day!
Carole B.
KG Regular

Hi Mac,nice to have contact on the other side of the pond,my American cousins didn't know what allotments were either.They are plots of land usually owned by the local authority(publically owned)which are divided up into standard size plots which can then be rented out by anyone who wants one for primarily growing veg.
As for moles I should imagine that any disinfectant product with a strong smell if put on to rags and placed in the runs would have the same effect as Jeyes Fluid.
Geoff
KG Regular

I wouldn't have time to garden if I lived there - I'd just gaze at the scenery. Had a great holiday a few years back that included Tahoe, Mono Lake, Yosemite and Sequoia - never to be forgotten. Hope you don't get bears raiding your plot, probably takes more than Jeyes fluid to keep them off.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic