Merry Tiller model ?

Cleaning, fixing, using, repairing, best and worst of your mechanical aids in the garden...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

gaz_bro
KG Regular

I have a Merry Tiller Titan which is a fantastic peice of kit.

I have read the MT posts and questions posted on these forums and followed the links to the various websites with pdf manual scans etc , but cant find anything specific to my machine.

The Titan that i have has 2 forward gears and reverse gear.

When i bought the machine the rotor shaft oil seals were leaking badly - i used it for a while before replacing the seals.

The "Chaincase" on my machine dont actually house chains, but 3 (i think) steel gears, with the gearchange assembly located at the top end, the chaincase is quite bulky at the gearchange end.

There were several very thin brass shims in there and i feel i might not have put them back correctly,since the rebuild, after 10 or 15 mins a "dry bearing" kind of noise appears and im worried about doing unnecessary damage.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a diagram for this particular setup ,i'd be grateful.
peter
KG Regular

Go here http://www.merrytiller.co.uk/ and ask the owner, who also is a member on KG forum. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Richard
KG Regular

Sorry but I have had nothing to do with the Titan GT as they usually make high prices and spares are hard to find. This one is the late type, probably with the 7hp engine. Earlier Merry Tillers had a parts list included in the instruction book with good exploded views, but for that model only dealers got the parts books. A long established Wolseley Webb or Atco dealer may still have the books. The British Lawnmower Museum in Southport does a photocopy service on information they have but it is £10 a go and the online order form is complex.
Best of luck Richard
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic