Robins

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

After rotavating I had a few hours fun with robins, one was investigating the rotovated soil and carrying off beakfulls of wrigglies to a nest somewhere.
Then another turned up and a fight ensued on top of next doors salad/cabbage tall netting cage, both zoomed off.
The original (I think) resumed activities shortly thereafter and I was lying down head propped up on one arm and he/she was on my 4' high cabbage cage.
From where he spotted something and flew so closed to my head I could feel the wingbeats.
Then he was on top of a two foot cane and along the ground near me, within arms reach.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Myrkk
KG Regular

Sooo exciting. I love such close calls with nature, always makes me catch my breath and try not to giggle like a schoolgirl. The birds are quite chilled in our garden and get quite close. The closest encounter I’ve had recently was with a hedgehog though, I had to move it after my blind dog pranged his nose on it.

A friend is currently having a less pleasant close encounter though… a honeybee took up residence in her neighbours house and is now swarming… down my friends chimney into her living room!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I love the free gifts nature always gives us….and your Robin encounter sounds just perfect, Peter!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic