Lemon Tree

Can't identify that mould? Got a great tip for keeping slugs at bay? Suggestions for organic weed control? Post them here...

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Hi All! Any idea what is happening to my lemon tree? It got sooty mould a month or so ago, but I managed to wash it all off & everything seemed OK, but recently it's leaves are yellowing & dropping along with the fruit & flowers. I looked online & tried the most recommended remedy which was epson salts, but it is fed properly & watered as needed, but gave it a sprinkle but no improvement.

I collected the dropped fruits & any near ripening on the tree to save what I could by juicing & freezing, but today I noted what looks to me to be something eating them. This fruit I picked off the tree, so I can't blame slugs or snail taking advantage. When it had the mould I read that sap sucking insects cause the problem; any idea what they could be, where they hide & what they might look like. I've grown it from a baby & it's taken over a decade to get fruit. I do have a big pot empty after loosing an apricot tree so I could pot it on, but unsure how citrus takes to this when older? It was potted on a few times when smaller but I think that could have been the reason I waited so long for fruit.

Cheers as usual!
U3FFw919SXioOVHcTbIsoQ.jpg
U3FFw919SXioOVHcTbIsoQ.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 795 times
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The pests are probably Scale insects….little flat things, that look like they are part of the stem/branch!
If it is Scale insect, you should be able to carefully scrape them off….
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
retropants
KG Regular

I was thinking the same. Also, you can swab them off with isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds.
robo
KG Regular

My wife grew 2 from pips both got to the flower stage before they grow fruit and died sorry I can’t help you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic